Monday, 23 April 2012

The Hectic Workings of a Student

Let me just start off something silly. 


You remember that little 'Dazed & Confused' project that a Ms. Delia Barrett and I shot? Well at long last the results were revealed this past Friday and I just can't stop smiling.  

In other news and as I said in my last post,I have been offered the opportunity to 'slum it' with Phoenix Magazine for the upcoming month of July. Well completely out of the blue, I received a phone call on Tuesday morning from the editor herself. 'Having mentioned my current availability for both Tuesdays and Wednesdays, how would I feel about going in on the Wednesday and setting off to work that week?' 
Well, do I even need to type my immediate reaction?

I have of course been gabbing away to all manner of friends and family about this delightful event but for those of you who hadn't heard, here is my very first published piece of work. 

 Exciting isn't it? I'm really just so humbled by the whole experience and I must emphasise upon the extent to which I was so anxious about the whole ordeal. 
Thankfully i've been asked to go back this Tuesday at 10am sharp.



These little 'peek-a-boo' shot was taken whilst on board one certain photoshoot.

Aside from these two past occurrences, I have also been writing up yet another piece of coursework thats due in very shortly. It will be posted within the next few weeks, so keep flicking back and forth so that you don't miss out. 

As for the weekend, I spent what little time I had with the boy on Saturday amongst coffees and a spot of shopping. My alarm started to buzz at 6am on Sunday morning and so my weekend was some-what cut short, not that I am complaining mind you. I did have the chance to help out at this fabulous photoshoot for Phoenix. As you can see from this snippet, it's really something to get excited about. The end product will be published within the June edition.


In celebration, I may have treated myself to one or two of the cupcakes from the vast selection found at Waitrose. 
Out of the 'Lemon and Lavender' and the 'Pink Cupcake', the latter was most definitely my favourite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.