Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Day Three at GFW


Tuesday at Graduate Fashion Week

With my third day at Earls Court vastly coming to an end, I eagerly took to theatre A with my last and final ticket clenched in hand. 
Overcome with joy as a voluptuous crowd began to form 30 minutes prior to 'doors opening,' I looked on with a sense of pride and amusement as I patiently waited to be seated for the debut of Epsom's 2012 graduates. 



As with my last post, I've been introduced to so many fresh young talents and yet again I can only do a handful of them justice. I suppose that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
Anya Edwards was first to take to the floor with this stunning collection of pretty pastels and dainty fabrics. Enchantingly girlish in all manner of bo peep, the young models twirled and curtseyed to  B.J. Thomas's 'Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.' Wholly heartwarming and childishly tempting. 


The Ulyana Danyleyko collection was something that I may have overlooked whilst flicking through the stylishly simple Epsom look book. My mother however jumped on the Danyleyko bandwagon almost instantly after having been faced with the full skirts and other striped designs that were documented on my canon camera. She said they reminded her of giraffes but you know, in a good way. 


This is James Walker. 
Above all collections that i've seen over the past few days, his ensembles were exactly my cup of tea. The beaten up leathers, the country tweeds that were effortlessly entwined with the essence of old fashioned train stations, aged woods, raw engines and but of course, the glorious English weather. 
James Waker, hats off to you. 

With GFW sadly behind me, I'll just have to flick through my trusty Canon camera so as to relive the countless efforts and the innovative fashions that is great British fashion. 
 - I would also like to note that if you're at all interested in visiting for yourselves next year, be sure to snap up a ticket for the presentation of the UCAs Epsom campus. It was most certainly my favourite show above all others but then again I suppose I am a little bit bias. 

Here. Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.